Padi Instructor Crossover or Padi IOC
Padi Instructor Crossover for Diving instructors from other recognized certifying agency (DIVERAID, SSI, NAUI, BSAC, CMAS, ANIA, FIAS, NASDS, YMCA) may attend a padi Crossover to becoming PADI Instructors by enrolling for the PADI Instructor Orientation Course (IOC).
This program acknowledges that participants are already trained scuba instructors with some degree of diving experience and teaching ability, so the main focuses is on allowing them to explore PADI System of diver education, rather than on developing basic teaching techniques and skill like the Padi IDC Candidate.
Padi Instructor Crossover – Padi IOC candidates are only required to attend 50% of the PADI Instructor Development Course (Padi IDC). The course is designed to encourage Padi IOC candidates to first analyse and understand the PADI System and then work on adapting their instructional skills to properly conduct PADI courses and use the required materials.
The goal is to give Padi IOC candidates through guided study an opportunity to take a close look at:
PADI – the organization, it’s courses, programs, educational materials and philosophy.
If you like what you see and read, you may choose to attend a PADI Instructor Examination (I.E) and become PADI Instructors.
3 – 10 days (approximately 90 hours) or more, depending on candidate’s ability and performance.
To enrol in an Padi Instructor Crossover – Padi IOC, an individual must:
- Be a current Instructor member in good standing with another recreational diver training organization for at least 6 months.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement for a diving medical examination conducted within the past 12 months.
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months and have completed and logged at least 60 open water scuba dives and have documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving.
- Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months.
- Submit documentation of any equivalent certification issued by another recreational diver training organization.
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment.
Explore PADI System with our Padi Course Director, When you make the PADI Instructor Orientation Course – Padi IOC or Padi Instructor Crossover in Cyprus